Tuesday 31 December 2013

Finally Finally 2013

Finally Finally 2013
And finally here we are at the very end of year 2013. A very eventful year at that and I am grateful for all and in all. God has been faithful and He deserves all appreciation. I must say a big thank you to all of you who painstakingly took the time out to read my treatises almost on a daily basis. I appreciate all the accolades, the encouragements, the criticisms, great ideas, and every contribution, comments, facebook likes, shares, addings on google+, even whatsapp emoticons in reply to my thoughts. Some have introduced the write up to others and readership has spread to parts of Europe, Canada, USA, SA, UK, and so on from here in Nigeria. I therefore use this opportunity to again say thank you for being there.
The writings actually started just instinctively when I got whatsapp downloaded on my phone. With some emotional wranglings within me at the time and seeking a platform to share the results of the infighting the perfect platform for the birth of something new came. In our world where negativity is default staying positive requires strategic  operations as in a war, satan has never been so desperate. And winning ways must be shared to keep hope alive. I realize that our greatest weapon is our reasoning that has roots in the realm and in the principles of the spirit. As we do spiritual warfare to establish truth and freedom, the sweet smell of daily triumphs becomes the foundation for future victories in other people as we share.
Productivity and the battle for self and purpose fulfilment is a big issue in many lives. How do we find inner fulfilment when what we are wired to do isn't as lucrative as to provide what other endeavors easily provide? So many are torn apart as they daily go through the routine doing what will put food on the table while their hearts are burdened with backlogs of the demands of their true potentials and purpose left undone. What of the issue of time in productivity and self actualization? As time goes on with pregnancies staying beyond due time, middle aged folks start asking scrutinizing questions bothering on self judgment and criticisms. While assessments can be necessary sometimes, self judgment may actually lead to self sentencing and punishment which further deter the fulfilment the heart craves for.
These and many other thoughts in my mind as I meditate on the complexities of man's existence, his daily challenges spur me to keep thinking and writing. I try to find out what makes us do what we do and what stops us from doing what we should do. I try to see the power and the authority available to us and how we have used all that to bring the world to where it is and how we can shape the future with what God has already given us.
And then the issue of God. I'm sure my writings would have been more widely acceptable if I drop the issue of God and of Christ. It's simple really. The God factor can't be ignored so long we are yet to truly find out where we all came from and how it all began. And either we like it or not faith has moved man forward and kept us on to great discoveries. It takes faith so search. Curiosity has never come out of pessimism, the inner push that there is something more than meet the eye is the mother of research.  The sheer rejection of impossibilities and absolute mysteries has moved man to discover so much of his habitat to its development. So we must never jettison faith, we are yet to even start the journey its taking us. With faith in the fact that there is an intelligent designer beyond chance that designed the world so unignorable then the God factor remains important and relevant to me. The invisible things of the Godhead is clearly seen in the things created. You can see His fingerprints everywhere. That we are able to explain some shouldn't push us to wanting to explain those things we are yet to understand or explain away the things we can clearly see but that are against what we stand for. What about my romance with Christ? When I read the gospels which tell the stories of Christ and the message He taught and projected I can't but be enthralled. The greatest efforts of man hasn't been able to deal with his selfishness even in the most cutlured civilizations. Man would love himself and those who love him and hate any other thing or person. Jesus' message turns that on its head and shows us the mind of God. That makes sense to me and establishes my faith in the other essentials of the whole story. And one thing you can't argue is the personal experience in the attached and consequential spirituality and change which when sincerely explored has changed the mentalities and the cultures of nations beyond mere religiosity. Such holds me and I'm feeling good about it without regret. It has opened me practically to the spiritual realms of signs and wonders that influence the world daily both positively and negatively.
I avoid religion though except when it's seen as attached to God. I don't see it that way. Religion to me is man made and selfish and is devoid of any spirituality and reasoning and most times colonial and territorially selfish. Religion uses God and every virtue attached, to expand its territorial aggression and to give God a bad name. It cares nothing about God beyond what it gets from its merchandising. To religion as it has evolved, God is a mere commodity to sell for personal gain and establishment. God who shines His sun on both the good and the bad would not initiate hate against the same person He lavishly blessed with all these natural resources. I learnt that from Christ. If we must love as God does the only way is to love those who goes against us, religion won't take that. God would not support our lust and covetousness but religion cannot do without them.
These and many more thoughts whirl around my heart daily while I see my gift in being able to express through writing as a way of expression so that like minds can fellowship with them though without much confidence in my perfectionism. The perfect picture comes when we add all the sides. That's why your comments are important. The main reason why the blogs were created and That's what the write ups have been deprived of. Let your thoughts too be added and  let them trigger more thoughts that would bring answers. I'll be glad if after reading you click the url, the address of evansademanuel@blogspot.com and give your comments as from now. It goes a long way in making the thoughts robust.
Some have complained about the lengths of the proses. It's deliberate though converted from a weakness of finding ways to capture all the thoughts in shorter formats. But it offers the reader the opportunity to slow down and think. In these microwave computer age, we have almost lost the enjoyment of meditation because it takes time but the benefits remain enormous. The joy of pundering and stoking the fires of self development within can not be quantified that's why the length of the proses has remained long yet the wisdom in its shortening will also be explored.
Why not make scriptural references? I want something that flows. In further publishing the write ups will still go through more editing and footnotes and references will be perfected, hopefully when it comes in its book form. For now it has been straight from the cooking pots of the mind straight to the plates of the devouring eyes. So typographic errors and errors of grammatic nature based on my limited command of the English Language can't be ruled out and you have to bear with me. There was even sometimes when figures will come out in error. Like when talking about the mind and speaking of the Wright brothers, I spoke of the period between their invention and man's first exploration of space as a decade while I meant a century. In fact yesterday I'd wanted to say it remained 48 hours to the new year and I typed 24 hours instead, so embarrassing. My joy though is that you decided to overlook all of that to enjoy the essence and the core of the writings. That's why I must appreciate you and ask that we continue with the romance in the coming year. I believe God is in it otherwise I would have given up or lose inspiration and I trust Him still that His help will continue and all He has loaded me with will keep being delivered to the betterment of all His creatures particularly those He made in His image.
Beyond saying the usual good morning, I must begin to say Happy new year even if in advance. My saying good morning has no reason beyong the fact that I write at my waking moments in early mornings, and I always wish to publish immediately if my mobile internet service providers permit, sometimes they don't even if I'd paid for data service and I most times have to change from one to another making my good morning reach you at lunch please bear with me and them. The Holiday is over and we will do again what we have always done, Writing and Reading and Keep visiting evansademanuel@blogspot.com and godspeeps.wordpress. com and let me always know you came. Hopefully writings in other formats will come such as Bible Studies and so on and we together can make a difference in our world. Thanks for finding me worthy of reading. Again Happy New Year 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment