Wednesday 18 December 2013

What is Man?

What is Man? My thoughts bother me in my waking up. Lord forgive me, all the glory goes to you. I need the blessing and the praise. What is man that God would be mindful of him, who am I that He should visit me. I do not deserve the least of the mercies I enjoy and the grace around me. He has chosen to cause light to shine out my darkness and has put His treasure in my vessel of clay. I recognise the blessedness I enjoyed, the blessedness of one whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, the blessedness of one who sins are forgiven. I understand when Christ said none is good, except God for goodness is reserved in Him alone and we like His moon can at best be the reflection of the shining of His sun. Some others have planted and I may uust be a waterer of the planting, both they and I are nothing if the increse giver turns His back. Except I am anointed where would the good come from? Does eloquence mean wisdom, does speaking suggest substance? If not for the Spirit in man whose inspiration from the almighty gives inspiration one would have been a singer of dirge to the ears of drunken mourners. If He gives no utterance where would the tongues come from? If there are no gifts from where would the room be made? So I glorify God and Him alone deserves to be praised. If I am a blessing, it is because I have been blessed. It is a curse to look to my hand and say see what you have done. For the body is dead without the spirit just as faith is dead without it's corresponding action. I am just an expression of the unseen divinity, a channel of His grace and power. If I had tried to be faithful and the strength He gave has produced a little, I can only wish for more grace to produce further for without Him I can do nothing. I can only do all the things He has strengthened me to do, the extension of my gifts has no elasticity beyond the strength he gives and if it breaks what can I further do? And that's why we fail. When I fail to recognise the extent of grace I am exposed to see the limit of my capacities. I fail so that I can be restored to strength, His own strength and not mine. I failed because I strayed from His grace to my own abilities and I see disgrace and shame. But when I turned to recognise His power and goodness I am restored to position and I shine His light. I am nothing without Him as bird would be without wings, I am gifted of Him there is nothing I have that I have not been given. It's not about me but about Him who gave me. I may use the gift against Him and that doesnt guarantee that He will withdraw it but at the end He shall ask and I shall have to give account of my stewardship. If I withold my hand also in the day of battle and my tap refused to give water to the thirsty I fail. I must keep giving to the users of the gift and keep returning the glory to the giver of the gift and so maintain the flow and the process. If I have been blessed then I must be a blessing, if I have received the gift, I also must minister the same to others as a good steward of the manifold grace of Gos. My gifts confer on me a responsibility, it pulls me into a covenant with the Giver to be faithful. It is not about me it is about Him. If I break the covenant it breaks me for no one has the capacity to break a covenant. If I keep the covenant it keeps me and I bear more fruit instead of being cut off from the vine. So today I keep myself behind Him who does the work and I maintain my position to keep being a blessing and for the blessing I am daily I receive my wages, not from the proceeds of salesmanship but because my meat is in my doing the will of Him who sent me and a labourer is worthy of His pay afterall he who reaps receives wages and lay up fruit for eternal life. I may not see the pay as soon as I have posted or as soon as my words are read or heard but it is a deposit which shall not fail and would respond to the drawings of faith and the more my faithfulness to giving to the people and to returning the glory to God the account swells and I receive the credit alert by faith. If you have seen any good in me it isn't my fault or default it is the gift of God, the righteousness which is by faith and not the filthy rags that I used to be proud of. If I wear a neat dress it's not mine to receive the praise and be proud but of Him who washed me and the clothes from the filthiness that was my make. If you have seen success it is because someone took my failures and gave me His success. If I live and you can see it's only because He lives through me for I am long dead. He must have picked up my decaying carcass and brushed it up and entered into it through His Spirit to live out His light and life which you see. Give Him praise for me. I am alive because He lives through me and I shall live because He lives in me. So you see where the watershed is, out of my bellies then flows the rivers of living water and as long as He is there it wont ever cease. It springs to eternal life. That's the water He gave me and it's been overflowing and making desert places fruitful fields and fruitful fields are becoming forests to His glory alone and to my blessing. If you are yet to die for Him to live through you now is the time to give up and let Him in and you'll see Him in His majesty. He must live for me to live because He died for me and of Hos abundance i have grace unto grace and it's enough for all for it was provided for all. Is ther good in you already, don't be deceived it is not you it is the gift of God lest you should boast. I must thank you for reading and I must encourage you to be a blessing with the blessing with which you have been blessed and give the giver the glory. Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment