Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Futility of Envy

The Futility of Envy My waking thoughts whirl around the intricacies of the basal nature of man. I look at the lockdown man often gets into through his mundane tendencies and idiosyncrasies. I see from the dark glasses and faintly see the silhouette of what the innate nature of man is being revealed in awkward attitudes held so highly in pride and in false nobility. Today my mind meditates of envy and its funny futility. We look at others and judge them face value seeing the packaging but ignoring the content. I see the opportunities and the good lot that fell on many others. I see how lucky they had been and wish it was I. I look at how bad things has been for me and wonder why I am not like others. Why I am not the rich man next door or why I am not the one driving the new car going past. I wish the blessings that came upon another were mine and wonder why my lot isn't similar. I fail though to see those who had died though stronger and fitter. I fail to see those who too wished they had what I have. I couldn't see those who had worse situations than I. Envy told me I am the worst man living. Envy lied to me. I couldn't see that everyone has a fair share of good and bad and ups and downs. I couldn't feel the headache the big head I wished I had. If I had been told in detail what the rich has with his riches and the burden that is perpetually accompanying the affluent then my assessment of my blessings will make more meaning. Envy is the rotteness of the bone. Another evil device to waste away in discontent. Envy is emptiness and a saddening element of a baseless sort. And the circle of envil never ends until the wise consciously breaks out of it and develop beyond its trap. Someone envies me and I envy another and the other I envy envies another, even the one who envies me is being envied by another and nothing good comes out of the circle except evil thoughts, rivalry and bitter competition that often lead to criminality. Why should I envy someone who feel frustrated of his own life? Why should I despise the beauty of my life and the uniqueness of my being? Why would I want to inherit the troubles of another's throne when I had grown to understand and learn the management of my own palace to my taste. Envy is futility I must not permit its thoughts in my mind. My race is different from yours and the tracks fairly different. The burdens of my life fits and my desire of another's good is incogruent, the evil of a man's life is sufficient for him, why should he envy that of others. I wonder why any should envy me. Why would anyone count me lucky when I know I'm still far from who I should be though thankful. Why would anyone desire this rough pathway? I'm sure they see not the whole picture but the beauty and the fair side. They see the crown and not the cross just as I see in others. The blindness to the whole realities of others gives wrong impression of the general reality that the trials of life is common to man. The fact that man is fundamentally insatiable in want and in desire irrespective of the loads of goods he has gathered. The poor man is equal to the rich man, they both have needs and each wakes each day pursuing what his belly craves. The poor envies the rich for his money and the rich envies the poor for simplicity. The irony and emptiness of envy. Why should I wish anything less for you because you are bigger. If you fall will that make me rise? Why should I wish evil for you because I see your beauty and not your needs, if your beauty is marred will I become more beautiful as result. What can my envy of you make me? What I am didn't come out any futile envy and what I would be won't be as a result of such negativities. And if out of envy a fortune is gained it would not have been a result of any good deed done or a fine seed sown only wickedness is motivated by envy, it has never influenced an healthy competition. Envy and love are never friends, they only meet facing different ends and at best in contention. Love envies not and envy shows no compassion. Two sets that won't overlap. Love conquers envy, understanding brings contentment and envy hurts both the subject and the envious, deeply hirting the soul. When next envy comes I must see beyond the advantage the other person has to the issues he or she has to deal with too. I must see from the eyes of compassion and must be considerate of others in every area. I must realise that there are needs in other people's lives and they don't have to show it and not showing it must not in anyway make me feel they are in need of nothing. When I do these envying them leaves the equation and with love and compassion I can relate even if from afar. And if there be a helping hand I can render to alleviate the pains of the seemingly comfortable why not? Meeting needs heals the heart and make noble the soul envy os the rotteness of the bone. Love conquers all and what could be better if we relate by the responsibility of love. Keep envy away, kill it before it releases its venom, bitter than the bile's denatonium and dangerous. Give thanks for the good others enjoy and be grateful for those you enjoy, wish no man evil and heal your heart of envy it's Christmas, let's celebrate the love God has shown and not the evil of envy from the porch of the devil. Celebrate the joys of others and sympathise with their pains and release faith in intercession for their betterment and it shall be better for you too. Merry Christmas to all my friends on all platforms...even if Christmas isnt written, the birth of Christ is genuine and wheneve we choose to celebrate is acceptable and the worship received. Celebrate! Share this and visit evansademanuel.blogspot.com and godspeeps.wordpress.com remain blessed and avoid the futility of envy! Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment