Friday 10 January 2014

No Boasting!

No Boasting I woke up with my mind searching my life and asking why I should be proud. I wonder, maybe if I'd been a great achiever and have founded great institutions with my face so popular on tv maybe I may have somewhat to be pride about. Yet such doesn't describe me. If I'd been born from the womb of a prominent potentate and have a kingly paternity may be my shoulders should square up conceited, well, I came from a back on the ground background nothing to write home about. If I had made great wealth and Forbes have had to mention my name a few times, I may see myself better than the rest yet my name hasn't been in my compound forbes' yet . If I'd been in competition where I'd broken some records and set some more, maybe I may justify some pride, but no records broken yet that I am aware of. Oh maybe my skills should make me proud and my fair speeches and write ups should make me feel important, I doubt because I have not done better than any in preparations, or what would best selling authors do if I ever thought myself as anything? Somethings just fall in line for you to make you look good. Even if I'd been born with a silver spoon and I'd achieved greater things than any other or broken records and discover great theories and postulated solutions for the world, there is still no reason to boast many may have even put in much more than I did while grace made up for the difference. If I raise myself up, I can't prop myself up. If I am down I am safe from falling, when I humble myself I create space for upward movement, when I reach the pinnacle I have no place else to rise to. In humility I can't be humiliated, and they put themselves to shame who try to reproach me. Why mind high things? It's better to condesend to men of low degree. Why show forth my high profile if I am not applying for a job? Why must people see me and not my products? Why should I esteem myself more highly than what I am able to give? Why should I boast even if I'd been the best giver since I'd received first the best I can give which I may not have given yet? What makes me different from other people? Why am I more important than the rest? Why do I want to show off my ostrich feathers as the peacock's? Simply because of the pride I'm yet to deal with within. To the proud others are no better than ants, even ants have reasons and without them the world isn't complete and should be respected. The proud always has what other don't have and can't have, it's easy to rate others selfishly with impaired knowledge and the arrogant is made in the lab of ignorance. He sees his good and is blind to the good of others, and when he thinks he knows he then needs also to know that he hasnt known as much as he should. Such levels of knowledge make up for its inadequacies by bloating up waiting for the pinch of truth to be deflated. Why won't I simply remain as humble seeking to be lifted someday? Why would I apply the 'lifting-do-it-by-yourself' strategy that has no maintenance manual or after sale service options? If I had set records definitely someday someone else would break it. If I had great wealth it is laid up for some others after death. Popularity always ends up in the history books, not minding how short the memories of fans are, besides death also levels everyone together under. Pride may be the fad but fads fade. The fad of pride fades into a fall and plunges from the highest self made mountains to the deeps never caressed by a diver's webs. So I respect myself and shun pride. When I feel humiliated then I must check my pride, I realise pride locates the proud faster and it feels humiliated easily. Pride can't tolerate the proud, its a pill the prescriber doesn't ever wants to take. He reels it out but reacts to it fast when it flows in its direction. The boastful will boast of everything including his simplicity and offers no place to any other who praises self. Yet its about a healthy self esteem, why can't I feel okay until another is down? Why should I need to pull another down to feel important? Why should I wait for another to look bad for me to look good? Why should my significance be dependent on another's insignificance? Why should my thoughts imagine the failure of another in order to see my self beauty? Pride will see others as less important and will never recognise good except in self and so deprive itself of the prop of others. I must realize that my importance is in how much I've made my acquaintances feel important. My significance is in the significance I see in those around me. I know pride won't let me see the importance and the significance of others, to pride such is a matter of course, nothing special. I will check the habitation of pride within me and evacuate it and its belongings. Though it may be hard to see, I'll create a rival in abasement capable of abating the scourge of pride. Self must take a back seat and allow others to display. I must see others better in their purposes and in their peculiar situations and offices and give them the space to pursue their purposes while I'm edified through them. I must show due respect, and play down every racial or intra-racial class consciousness. Religious pride and holier-than-thou thoughts must be far from me. I must see no down person I must esteem others better than myself. Segregation isn't an idea that should take a seat in my heart, love must accommodate all. My heart must be big enough to take all in and there learn and see what others see that I can't see by myself. I must see my limitations and my imperfections, employing my strength to my productivity without hiding my weaknesses at the awards. My weaknesses tell my humanity ignoring them denies gravity and sends me to the lonely space. Acknowledging my shortcomings makes me grateful of how God has so had mercy on me to get me to do what I am good at. I have nothing to boast of, I'd only been opportuned to be heard. Nothing I have makes me better than any other and less won't make me bitter. No competition except with my self, I must only compete with my ultimate potential and bless the world more, I must not compete to be seen more than others. I must be comfortable with those moving on and be grateful for every step I'm able to take towards my purpose. I'm grateful because He's been graceful. No place for boasting no reason for any pride. My thinking this morning. Good morning. Someone might be blesssed by this so share it far and wide. And keep visiting evansademanuel.blogspot.com and leave a note. And if you feel the need to talk call +234813211564 or toyintoks2011@gmail.com For churches and groups in need of Bible study outlines visit godspeeps.wordpress.com the next Bible study posting comes Saturday. Keep Loving! Keep Living! No Boasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment