Saturday 1 February 2014

Mastering Weakness

Mastering Weakness
Some say, they are always too long and should be cut short. Some others want more and can't get enough. I want none, nothing, probably to hang my pen and just drone and drool.
But my mind continues to function at the hyper level and won't give me the break I'd rather indulge in. Things happen around me and my mind sucks them in and ponder uncontrollably. I ruminate and reminisce on news both recent and new.
I see the weaker side of man which she would rather hide. I see the weakness of pride and conceit. I see the weakness of desire for affection. I see the weakness of greed and all sorts of lusts. I see the weakness of self exaltation and justification. I see the weakness embedded in his inborn appetites; his appetite for love, food, things, enjoyments, sex and significance.
It is this combination that overcomes the man and brings him into bondage. Unfortunately man sees strength in his passion to outwit others in getting his appetites satisfied. He pushes and pursues, driven by his weakness. Some would kill, others would tear in response to the passion to satisfy appetites. When he finds it, he can't but display it, in the weakness he calls strength. When Paul said 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' he didn't mean he could satisfy his appetites he meant he was empowered to withstand adversity and enjoy deprivation and pain.
I have seen that it takes a bait to be trapped. And the fowler's bait is nothing but something my appetite craves. Esau's profanity sold birthright for a morsel. I must be careful what I crave for. The fowler will set a table full of your cravings and say eat but his heart is far from you and if you are one given to appetite you are better dead, so said Solomon.
Can you withstand hunger and lack? Can you say no to significance? Can you stop short of showing forth advantages and those things that make you look better? Can you wait until someone praises you or you prefer to do it yourself? You may also want to ask for it if the wait is getting longer. Can you condescend to a lower degree or you'd rather play at the bigger leagues? What you call strength might actually be weakness. And when others seem having the advantage and moving ahead, how do you feel and how do you handle the feelings? The negative feeling is a smell of death and destruction and when you allow yourself to be therewith influenced shame answers back.
Can I endure a wrong suffered or would I rather take a pound of flesh? These are the weaknesses I see and in them man revels.
I see also the weakness of fear. His phobia for non existent dangers. The fear that moves him to unbelief and violence. He is weak and he doesn't know. His fear for judgment and justice. His fear of shame that makes him go any length to cover up sometimes even with murder and suicide. His fear of let down that makes him dangerous like a threatened beast. Personal insecurities and the self preservation that believe attacking first is the best defence. The Weaknesses of selfishness, the winner who takes all should be me and no one should even come near.
The human weakness is changing the social face, weaknesses have become strength and the weak is counted strong. Pride is respected,loyalty is disdained and hypocrisy reign as king. Contentment is pushed backwards to give way to the competition of the greedy. The talkative is listened to shifting attention from the thoughtful to the rage of comedians. Seeking peace now means timidity, the number of the slain is trophy for the warmongers. The bossom of fools are emptied and wrath overflows to make way for the furious; in our world today anger makes the ruler. Fear him, it is the norm now.
Being strong is lifting the weak. Being high means bending low to the downtrodden. He that's down is the one who can't descend any further, the high bows.
I'll check out my own weaknesses, none is excusable no one is free. One by one in the quietness of my closet and the recesses of my  innermost being I'll sort myself and knock them out. I'll live above my appetites and master them and not serve them. I'll put my flesh under and live up to be qualified. I'll boost my strength and discourage my weaknesses. If these weaknesses are instinctive then I'll go for a new nature and I'll be good.
Thanks for reading, share and visit evansademanuel.blogspot.com for more. Stay blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment