Thursday 13 February 2014

Consequences!

Consequences!
The world runs on the mode of causes and effects. We live with processes where the final products we see start their journey from raw materials. In our world seeds produce fruits when planted, though we are yet to know which comes first between the hen and the egg. We have rested so much on consequences and we love to make things happen. It's not done until someone does it. It can't end until someone starts it. So if I can't do it, I can't claim it. The most skillful is then expected to produce more and the stronger ones the results. You can't give what you don't have yet life expects from you more than you have. And sometimes those who have can hardly give what is demanded and it continues to be true that those who have not are the suppliers to those who have according to the words of Christ.
We live daily with the reality of consequences, I am here serving the penalties of what I did in the past or what someone else did. Many will love to put question marks after my last statement and wonder what a little child did to deserve the pains of a terminal disease. Who sinned? Is the eternal question consequences ask. Is the child or the parents? Same question was asked Jesus Christ and the answer must have jolted  the consequential mentality. He had answered, 'None of the above', rather such had happened to show forth the glory of God. How do we explain the events initiated waiting for correction that will give God glory? So not every thing should make me look back searching for where it came from. Many should make me look forward to the glory that shall be revealed out of the trouble.
We were made to make things happen. Our morphology came of a design, purposefully thought of to make us productive. We cause things. And that makes us conceited. We believe we cause everything. And we claim both the glory and the guilt. Some would drop the glory and pick up the guilt and some will drop the guilt and pick up the glory. Yet some would still not take any. It has never been their fault, it must have been someone else's fault. Most times to them, it's God's fault. To what end, they always can't tell.
The most exonerated may also be the biggest culprit. The entity no one cares about in this present generation and that is Satan. He is the thief who came to steal, kill and destroy. You can always see his signature on every imperfection of life and on every pain of man. But we can't give him the omnipotent status which be doesn't have even in doing evil, he needs permissions to operated and that's what he normally seeks for with his proding trident of temptations, trials and troubles that pushes man to commit himself into his hands.
And so we must see and come to terms with this that we are not always the cause of many effects we see. We do not even have the capacity to cause most effects we enjoy or even suffer. Yes, we suffer many of what we caused and our imperfections and their consequences are ever with us. But why do I enjoy the gifts of life and of nature, when I have no capacity to cause them?  I should ask what the consequences of extreme wickedness are waiting for not slaying the wicked causes?
I see that there is God. The ultimate cause and prime mover of all things. I see God who gave the power to man to cause effects.  I see God who reserves the powers to overrule our causes and consequences. I see God who delays consequences. I see God who causes us to cause things. I sowed and reaped and I'm tempted to claim the glory before I remembered that something or someone had caused the sowing and reaping principle upon which I'd only ridden to multiplication as consequences. The principles of life are consequences of divine action to the benefits of those whose acts and causes ordinarily don't deserve it.
So I think of God's nature. His love that gives bith to the twins of grace and mercy. Whereby grace makes the weak produce as if strong and mercy overrules evil deserts of the repentant wicked. Grace gets us to cause what we have no capacity to cause and mercy protects us from the consequences of the imperfections in our capacity.
My causes and effects are subject to the ultimate Cause of all things. He can cause me to make what He wants happen even when I am not aware of it. The effects of my causes also subject to His effects. What happens if every mistake calls for an evil happening? I'm sure I would have died by now and you won't be reading this because you too would have long gone besides the fact that there won't be anything to read because no one will be around to write or make you know there's something to be read. If there isn't the Ultimate Cause, who overrules consequences and interferes with causes, the effects of our causes would have wiped us all out.
So we see that blames aren't that easy to apportion. It's as complex as the topic. You may not be where you are only because of what you caused and you may have been at a worse place if left to all you have made happen. Wisdom therefore won't let me compare one with another, those who compare themselves with themselves aren't wise. I see that the race may not always be to the swift and the weak can obtain favor and life may not always be fair. Yet it takes nothing from doing good and expecting good but if there was a sincere mistake let the Ultimate Cause pardon and sink it into the ocean of forgetfulness. If good has been done I'm sure He sees and would pay back no matter what. Same goes for evil done. But ultimately He has the final say because He makes our causes effective and consequential, not to trap us but to make the world go round and be what's meant to be.
I'm sure something good is going to happen to you today but might no be as a result of some good you have done but in spite of the wrongs you do daily overruling your imperfections to make you deliver what you were made to birth on the earth by God the Ultimate Cause who controls the ultimate consequences to make sure that at the end no injustice goes without it's due consequences. Be grateful! 
Good morning. Share this far and wide and keep visiting evansademanuel.blogspot.com and let me know you did. For all the compliments and suggestions I say thanks to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment