Tuesday 25 February 2014

Corrective Perspective!

Corrective Perspective.
Just finished writing a letter of attestation for a faithful follower. It's wonderful that for almost a decade it was difficult to find a reason to reprehend him or accuse him of any misdemeanor. That's an experience to me. The question is, was it me who wouldn't see or was it that he has been that careful not to do anything wrong? I'm sure I'm not that non-assuming, I'm sure even if I had to cover multitude of sin with love, I would still have done my duty of correcting and rebuking. I wouldn't have kept quiet. It was easy for me to write that and it gladened my heart. Not just for him but also for me. It is possible to have trumped up some charges against him in the course of his being with me, people have been accused wrongly and it happens all the time. It is possible to see gross misconduct in mere mistakes and regular imperfection of man. It is possible to deliberately set a trap along the path of someone's weaknesses knowing that such would fall which he would have avoided on his normal course of living. I am glad I never had to do that.
I realize that seeing people more from the angle of good brings out the best in them. Yet I won't expect more than what they could give. I won't expect what I can do from others, we are differently wired. I know people aren't made of their weaknesses but their strength though they just can not be divulged from those weaknesses. Those we call perfect are also encumbered with their own weaknesses, none is free.
So when you meet people what do you see? Do you see their imperfections or their capacity to do good? Do you see their mistakes as who they are or as a one off thing? Do you keep record of those silly mistakes? Do you seek their betterment or the impossibility of their development? Do you prefer punishment to correction or use mistakes as opportunities for vendetta or to oppress?
It's really not about them and their mistakes or error, it is about you and I. It's almost unbelievable to know that everyone has a right to make their mistakes in a free society. It's only in slavery that it becomes an abomination. We readily protect that right for those we love, and that's the reason why we should love everyone so that everyone would enjoy the same grace. When we trample on such rights in others we lose our own nobility and honor. Though on the other hand where the right to make mistakes is protected there is also the responsibility to correct. They who enjoy the right to make mistakes must also welcome the rights of others to correct them. When correction is resisted development is stagnated, it takes learning, practice and correction to grow. 
Correction therefore takes the place of condemnation and construction instead of destruction results. Yet that part to me is only a small part of everyone.
But why do I keep correcting some without ending? why do I have to always supervise some without which they seem not to do anything right? If you look closely at yourself, it's easy to see why. Have you been given a task unnatural with you? Have you ever erroneously endorsed yourself for a position you only thought you could occupy which you really didn't fit into? Have you ever tried using you bowler's cap on your buttock? That's where incessant corrections come from. When people's weaknesses are tasked you will have to do the job by yourself. But when you task people along their natural instincts they perform unconsciously with minimal mistakes and supervision.
Do I therefore assume that all men are good and there are no sadists? I shouldn't. I'll be committing same error I am trying to correct. There are men doubtlessly who are yet to conquer their selfishness and they may actually be in the majority. And who can tell what evil lust can do when in pursuit of self satisfaction! Yet selfishness remains inherent in man and others would have to cope with it in those who are yet to conquer it. Those who are slaves to their lusts can hardly succumb to any other control not even the control of their own reasoning talk less of God's.
This is true and one should be so conscious but to relate with people as if they are devils from day one will never bring the best out of any. Trust begets good, doubts brings the worst out of people and so we are, everyone of us. Doubts only attracts the worst in us and draws out weaknesses instead of strength.
So I will be more conscious of my outlook and see more of the imbedded strength and good instead of the weaknesses which we are all partakers of. I wish not to see your weaknesses but your strength and I won't judge you with what you can't do but with what you do best. Yet I shouldn't be disappointed when you commit your errors, it is like that with all of us, if I'm in a position to correct I'll do if I'm sure it isn't in purposeful pursuit of your selfishness for then you have moved away from the page I am and there I can hardly help since my corrections may be resisted working against your erroneous passions. There, to such men, evil is welcome as good and such perceptions are hard to change.
This is why I welcome your correction and sincerely work on it so long it helps me fulfill eternal purpose and not to indulge error. If I must be better I must accept my mistakes and make amends and reduce consistently my mistakes maybe my life can be a better blessing to those I am sent to. Every correction I take takes me further to the place of perfection and excellence. Every positive change is growth and my development can be faster and consistent if I maintain good attitude. If I run away from correction I run away from my perfection.
So if you can, please correct, and someone will be better and don't forget to correct self if possible before others do, it helps to be open to others much more.
Let me close with this thought lingering in my mind, what would be written concerning me by those I work with in the sincerity of their consciences? Good morning! Keep sharing and keep visiting evansademanuel.blogspot.com and ask that question of yourself too, if something is to be written concerning you, what would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment