Saturday 30 November 2013

The Exchange

The Exchange.
My waking thoughts this morning drifted towards money and its mysteries. I speak both in its virtual and its real formats, its awesome quality and power to exchange for anything. Its power to ride upon men's soul and bring out both the best and the worst of people. Its tendency to contend with the very Creator and be worshipped as God, revered to the highest heavens by the sons of men. I wonder if this is the abomination of the desolate that was prophecied to sit at the holy place and dictate proceedings at the holy altar. Was that why Jesus chased out traders from the temple? Money has the power to turn a house of prayer into a den of thieves. It is the focal point of thieves and their ultimate trophy for their endeavors. My thoughts rest heavily on its power of exchange. Money answers all things. Almost omnipotent enslaving all, putting all on the run, it is the power behind the mad rush. It exchanges for all things including human souls. It contends with wisdom but is less than wisdom because it has no power to preserve the life of its possessor. It rather kills. Every money that comes in has exchanged for something precious and valuable. When initiated by greed something good goes, when powered by good something evil leaves. The corrupt official got money through oppression and loses his destiny, there is no free money. The benevolent gives the needy out of pity and loving mercy and drives poverty away and increases both parties. The thief thought he'd succeeded getting free money not knowing that he had gone home with a curse as it written the curse of the Lord is in the house of the thief. The tithe thief thought he had extra money but the heaven is shut and the devourer reigns unarrested. You got paid for what should go free and you lose your inheritance. When mercy is traded for money it brings judgment upon the seller. Love that is for sale is the fake type no matter how cheap. The grace that must be paid for to be enjoyed is disgrace in disguise, it takes a fool to buy ice at the poles and it takes lies to sell grace and damnation is the liar's portion. What have I sold in exchange for my fat bank accounts? I must not in pursuit of money exchange my destiny for a morsel of meat. I must avoid Esau's profanity. I must not lose my life in search of undue gain and lose my bishoprick as in the error of Judas. I must know what I am getting with the influx of income since nothing goes for nothing. I must check my greed and lust must not push my hand into the cockatrice nest. Its only money gathered by love and labour that increases the receiver, gain coming from oppression and covetousness comes in deadly suitcases. Money is not always money much are menaces. The money Judas took could not return into the treasury of the wicked elders, they knew it was blood and a defilement.  Oh! May defilement never be credited to my account, may I not receive the credit alert! And so I much watch the deals I'm into, I must be sure death is not gathered into my pot, I must know the root of my solicitations, I must be sure what I am asking for. The riches of betrayal and the income of oppression, the gains of lies and the affluence of slavery, the increase of unpaid wages of poor labourers and the wealth that comes from vanity, sales from addiction that has made destitutes of wives and children, flashy cars and big houses from roads unbuilt and hospitals ill equipped, school fees of big institutions paid from stolen offerings of poor and faithful church men and women and many uncountable other means of affluence from the tears, pains, sweats and blood of the poor all crying to the Lord of sabaoth and will those cries go unheard?  I must check the check and be sure its from the Lord and the proceed from the riches of Christ, I'll give unto Him his due and let wisdom guide the spending of the remaining.  It may not get me the house of my dreams yet and may keep me in the class below the best but it preserves my dignity and gives me a future as the promises remain strong from the Faithful. I will rest and not be enslaved to money neither will I bow my knees to mammon. I worship God the source of all things and He shall put all things under my feet and yours too. Good morning folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment