Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Sore Point

The Sore Point
I woke up to think of the areas of my life that need expert attention. Wounds that need treatment. I must be sincere with myself to isolate those areas. They fester still if untreated and become worse if unattended to. They are the sore points bear around. Covered. Stinking. Painful. Anytime anyone seems to reach for that area for whatever reasons I cover up in self protection. Sincere discussions and general commentaries becomes personal when they tend to address such issues. I must protect these areas because they hurt. How did I get these sores? They came through the crashes I have had. Some others came through accidents of emotions and of decisions. Some are results of other people's wickedness inflicting psychological and spiritual injuries of destiny. Some came through personal foolishness and foolhardy. Some were never to be until I went looking for trouble. Their sources  vary. Some have been since the day of youth even coming from childhood. Many have been there for long festering. Hardly would you have anyone without an injury over this long journey of life. Injuries are common it is the attention and treatment that varies. The transformation of an injury to a sore is all about treatment and attention. Injuries must be treated. If not, it gets infected and create a problem getting healed. But treatment requires pains of sacrifice. I must submit my sores to the painful treatment for a healing to take place. In most cases the sores won't heal first day of treatment, healing takes time, it takes consistent treatment over time for a sore to close up, throw out the scab and leave the scar. It takes my submission to painful treatments which is for a season to enjoy a long lasting healing without pain. Somehow I have managed to cover up the sore with a big smile over time, but cover smiles don't heal sores. I will have to face it, I will have to confront it and expose it  for the healing to begin otherwise it festers on and I fear amputation. But who do I expose my sore to? Who can handle it when it's eventually exposed? Who will not just exclaim and cover the nose?  Who can endure the stench and respect the openness? Not everyone. So I must be careful not to add pepper to injury and cause more wounds and pains in my search for healing. Definitely I may need more than self treatment but I need people compassionate and considerate. People who themselves had gone through pain. Christ Jesus was tempted in every way just as we are and so can be sympathetic to our infirmities when we are tempted. I need people with such mentality. Can I expose myself and expect to be covered, can I tell of my sore and expect someone to be there to treat my wounds? That has been the fear and it is the fear that must be expunged. I must trust people with my pains for it to go. But the trusted must be tested, tried and found true and then can be trully trusted. I must not be exposed to the enemy who wants more sores for me. The enemy would pamper and not care. The friend would care and not pamper. The hard questions must be asked and answered, and the pain of the process endured. Then the healing comes and freedom from pain. I have met some whose pains are of the religious sort. They are hurt when you touch Christianity and faith. There's need for healing to enjoy the virtues of Christ.  There are some of marital sort. They won't touch family life matters even with a long pole yet avoidance don't heal wounds. I must resolve today to do something with my sores and get them healed. No sore is incurable, no tears are unstoppable,  pains are not meant to be forever. But it takes pains to heal pain. I must start facing that pain that heals from today. The pills may be bitter but they heal and make better. The relatonship that has gone  sour may need a painful attention to restore the honey and the wine. Whichever way let's face the fear and heal the sore. I receive strength today to face it sincerely, and deal with it effectively so I can be free eternally painfree! Today, start dealing with the sore points instead of avoiding or arguing around it...there's healing for every sore. Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment