Friday 14 March 2014

Where went Innocence?

Where went Innocence?
I woke up with the thoughts of innocence. I believe innocence is a virtue. The freedom it brings is unspeakable. It permits no burden and what sweet rest it gives.
Innocence is a world of unconsciousness, an oblivion of an unending horizon, a clear and clean sight of eternity and peace.
I see a child with no care who weighs not his word or act, not even what he hears. Sleeps when sleep comes, struggles for nothing and careful for nothing. No complexities, loves without restraints and his pains lives only for a moment. Spank your child, he will yet love you still but when bastards are reprimanded it becomes a fight.
Until we get born again and become like a little child, the kingdom of God isn't sure. Childlike faith produced by childlike innocence opens heaven's doors, welcomes the soul to eternal bliss and prayers to the answering chambers of God's throne.
Apostle Paul said he was alive once but was slain by the coming of the commandment. Who kills innocence? When did I lose it? When the death that lives in the culture and the principle that has corrupted my progenitors saw me, they attacked my innocence and called it foolishness. I saw that I had been naked and being alive became secondary, I'd rather be covered and look good though dead than be alive this naked. I took the forbidden fruit and the seed grew in me to point fingers and hide from taking responsibilities of my errors.
Yes, innocence looks like foolishness, naivety and simplicity may take the same shape and who can explicitly tell the difference? And so we spurn innocence yet wonder why no one has it anymore.
I've seen innocence lose opportunities and so look like foolishness. I've seen innocence cry and it looks too weak to survive among men. I have seen innocence punished for telling the truth and make sincerity look like a vice.
Who ever respects innocence? Yet we wonder why men have become so cunning. Innocence may look disrespectful but can be sincere but we must be politically correct even if it slays innocence and so we rate the respect we desire above innocence and so we create subtle scheming snakes.
When a man deceives his neighbor and earns big for it we call him wise. When a politician robs people of their lives but comes home with his loots as a benevolent man we applaud, if he had to depend just on what he's paid and couldn't afford to spray currency notes he becomes a bad man. So he desires to be rich and loses his innocence. We love it so and so it has been. He made it who has it even if he stole it, he is the success, you fail if you don't have it to show. So we lose our innocence.
I've been saved by innocence, I'd gone by trouble unconsciously. If I'd known that it was my lust that was been appealed to maybe I would've fallen for the temptation but I'd walked on missing an opportunity to sin in my naivety and now that I'm wiser I saw it but without a regret, grateful for my innocence. So I believe that what my innocence made me lose won't be an opportunity, traps do have open doors too. In a world where we take advantage of situations to advance selfishness, many have added death into the pot ready for a sumptuous meal.
How do I wake my innocence up again, how do I become a child once more and not be called a fool? Being born again has become mere religious parlance and many who claim such status still betray innocence. Insincerity props up here and there as we cover up in fear of one another. How I wish I can be naked and not be ashamed. How I wish we can be our brothers' cover when they go naked. So the fear of the pain of truth pushes us away from innocence.
Truth and innocence are inseparable. But not many see innocence in truth especially when truth isn't in their favor. If I innocently tell the truth that implicates a brother will that not be termed an intentional move? If I sincerely make a move in my strides that makes another looks bad, how would my move be interpreted? Would it not look as if I had a prior motive to cause the final unfortunate event? This format of thinking robs us of our innocence, it makes us watch and weigh our words and acts so that we can speak and do what is acceptable even if not coming from the heart. We love to look good and be impressive maybe that can earn us some positive movements and acquisitions not caring about our innocence. Yet we ask 'where went innocence?'
We need our innocence back even if it means not looking good or a loss of opportunities. It'll require boldness and a carefree mentality. Ambition won't help us, the childlike contentment and dependence are needed. We can't be desperate to belong and be innocent. We need faith in God and in His providence to remain true. Leave out the sense of being monitored and do what's right without the fear of going wrong. The fear of failure must not be the motivation for success.
I must despise mistakes and not worship sin. The fear of sin isn't the cure for unrighteousness, it is the fear of God that keeps from falling. I must not fear going wrong if not on purpose, I must be free. My fear of being correct robs me of innocence and may cripple one who endeavours to be right. I must be myself and not blend to what is expected instead of changing to become better. I must remain innocent ready for the consequences of being true.
I know also that innocence too can be misinterpreted and is open to suspicion but even if wrongly assessed the joy of innocence remains and the truth stays still.
So keep your innocence and let nothing tarnish your sincerity, if you go wrong let it not be out of a scheme, to err is human, depend on God and good will come. In the quest of looking good innocence goes missing. We can be naked and not be ashamed...and the burden of covering rests on those who are so laden. When you love to be sincere you will cherish other people's innocence. Good morning. Share this and keep visiting evansademanuel.blogspot.com and stay sincere and innocent!

No comments:

Post a Comment