Friday 10 July 2015

What's in Sin that we Defend?

What's in sin that we defend?

It has been on display in the shop of Christian doctrines for a long time now; that variant of the message of righteousness that's in Christ, that says once saved, no sin can make you unsaved even if you don't repent and ask for forgiveness of such sins.

The argument goes to and fro as ferociously and vociferously as it can be. I won't want to go into the merits of my convictions that such assertions aren't in line with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave His life for us so that He can redeem us from all iniquity and purify to Himself a peculiar people zealous of good works according to Titus 2:14, but I'll like to look at it from another ethical angle.

Why would I want God to do such a thing even for me? Why would I expect God to give me such a cover and license to sin since I've been washed and forgiven already?

While would I want God who is of a purer eye than to behold iniquity now endure my sins even after making such a sacrifice for the forgiveness of my sins?

Why would I want to continue incuring debts upon debts just because someone would always pay?

Why would I want to keep sinning even when I am no longer a debtor to the flesh to live after the flesh, not to mention the fact that to live after the flesh is death? Romans 8:12

Why would I need that kind of certificate of indulgence when I already have grace to live above sin...didn't the scriptures say sin shall not have dominion over me since I'm no longer under the law but but under grace? Romans 6:14

The scriptures says we should flee fornication or sexual immorality and that our bodies are the members of Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit and whosoever would defile the temple of God, such shall God destroy, why would I defy such injunctions to defile the temple of God because He has saved me and nothing will unsave me?

I remember Apostle Paul speaking to Timothy that the foundation of the Lord stands sure with the inscription that THE LORD KNOWS THOSE WHO ARE HIS AND LET THOSE WHO NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART FROM INIQUITY!
So why would I still seek to keep sinning?

I have the righteousness of God, I am the righteousness of God, the righteousness of God is imputed to me, the righteousness of God is also imparted to me through the operations of the faith of God that makes me a partaker of the inheritance of divine nature and life as a joint heir with Christ...and to me, he who practices righteousness is righteous: the practice is the ultimate proof that I have and that I am the righteousness of God!

With the abundance of grace and the gifts of righteousness that I have received, I resist sin, the power of the duo moves my heart away from the iniquities I can't avoid seeing in my neighborhood even if it grieves my righteous heart...because it should!

The power of that grace and the gift of righteousness moves my feet away from the pathway to sexual sins. The gift of righteousness strengthens me to flee

The power of righteousness moves me away from the lofty heart of the proud. Where then is boasting when that righteousness that I am had made me not to look down on others nor make myself better than any.

The power of the gift of righteousness create contentment in me, why should I tell a lie or live in falsehood to get what's not due me or to get a protection God already gave me or get an accolade that can't make me better than who God has made me?

And when I drift and commit sin, I have an advocate before the Father who takes hold with me to receive forgiveness and cleansing for me in my repentance, confession and forsaking of my unrighteousness.

My nature is of righteousness and sin is like a stinking filthy rag to me. My righteous soul abhors it even in my bodily imperfections till I see Christ and become fully as He is.

So what's in sin to defend when Christ has overcome it for me? He hasn't even allowed me to resist sin unto blood yet!

Sin is a defeated foe. It has been condemned in the flesh by Christ and we have no reason to seek any indulgence or defend our negative experiences through any distortion of scriptures to suit personal fleshly purposes.

Temptations will come, we must resist or endure them till they lose their strength but we don't have to fall but if we fall...the responsible thing for us to do is to confess them to the Lord, He is faithful and just to forgive and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness!

If it has become a habit that's difficult to deal with, seek help and support from credible, knowledgeable and faithful Christian friends...together we can overcome anything! We don't have need of any certificate of indulgence to cover our sins...

God's blessings!

Visit
www.evansademanuel.blogspot.com

If you live around Ipaja

The Bible Class
Non Denominational Bible Discussion Class...

Ipaja center is open

6pm
Every Wednesday

@
20 Oloruntimilehin street
Off Mosan Pipeline
Shagari Federal Estate
Ipaja

Let's share God's Word together without holding back to our general edification!

It's a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment