Tuesday 18 April 2017

Sin and salvation

Sin and Salvation

Consider this, salvation is because there's danger afterlife. The danger isn't because you were poor or sick on the earth. Being poor or being sickly on earth would need prosperity and healing which may not need beyond natural or physical solutions to deal with, great governments in the world have done great things in these regard. The danger afterlife is because of sin and so the need for salvation. That pins salvation primarily as a remedy for sin, healing, prosperity and many other goodies accompanied salvation definitely. Therefore to be saved is to be healed of sin. To have salvation is to break free from the bondage and the compulsion of sin, either the lusts of the flesh, lusts of the eyes or the pride of life. That a person lived a sickly or poor life won't end him in hell fire if he gets saved before death but if he lived in affluence and in health without salvation from sin till death, he isn't saved from hell fire!

Does that mean once I'm "saved" I will never sin ever again? Of course not, but I'll never ever get out of sin if I don't know that once I'm born again I'm above sin both positionally and potentially and through faith in the power of salvation and in those things that have been given to me in Christ I can live a life of unconditional love and quality holiness.

From personal experience, the major problems of sin I had as a young man stopped as soon as I got born again. I could not say I did anything particularly to stop them...but I had issues with others which took time to dry up. With the assurance that the roots were destroyed by the New Creation and the power of salvation, I knew they may be tough but they won't last and with time I have testimonies to God's glory, I'm not where I used to be.

The problem we have is that we feel God doesn't mind sin, but He does. If He doesn't He wouldn't send His Son, He won't send the Holy Spirit to lead us aright daily, He won't send His word so to tell us that doing His will pleases Him. Of course, He cares!

We also have the problem of using our experiences to judge or to understand the word of God. When we face tough times in living holy we end up thinking God wouldn't mind us living in sin otherwise why should it be difficult? We feel why should I have this guilt every time I sin! Why should I have to ask for forgiveness every time I sin?

In trying to answer these questions people get taken over by their rebellious instincts and so form certain religious explanations around their indulgences and so lock themselves up away frown the possibilities that grace offers in holiness.

The truth is, the godly sorrow we feel isn't equal to condemnation. It is necessary to work repentance, to help the believer know the possibilities that exist. Like we groan in this body waiting for the day we'll take it off to be clothed in our glorious body, but should we kill ourselves to go? Of course not. So we feel the godly sorrow and we should feel it every time we sin and then ask God for His forgiveness, He is just and faithful to forgive and to cleanse from all unrighteousness. He isn't a computer who doesn't have a feeling, He feels it when we come short of who He made us to be in Christ.

But while the falling and rising goes on, a deeper work is going on behind the scene as we grow in grace, as we engage God's word which washes the disciple and renews his mind washing away the residue of sin which has dried up from its root and starved of nutrients in worldliness.

The end point is that the works of the flesh give way for the fruit of the Spirit and the end is a life of love, chastity, temperament, patience and discipline with eagerness and zeal for good works...

The believer in Christ who has experienced salvation must believe in the possibility of holiness and godliness without mere religion. That's why Christ died and rose again to save us from our sins and this grace must not be in vain in our lives... We should make it count!

Good morning... It's a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment