Thursday 21 May 2015

When Was Christ in Prison?

When Was Christ in Prison?

[My Offline Bible] Romans 5
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

[My Offline Bible] Matthew 25
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

[My Offline Bible] Isaiah 49
24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? 25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.

Visiting the sick is considered noble, even visiting those in prison for no just cause can be a ministry one would do gladly, I did that not too long ago but was Jesus was speaking about here to me is more than that...He wasn't just speaking about those falsely accused, or under malicious oppression of the powers that be, but even those criminals who were being punished for what they did.

That's the hard part. One can die for a friend or a person under unjustified oppression, it only becomes difficult if such a person 'deserves' what he's going through.

But there lies the Christian nobility. We aren't called to just care for the righteous but to care also for the unrighteous. We aren't called to love just those who love us but also those who hate us and would even hurt us...

Well, you don't have to go to prison before you visit 'criminals' just as you don't have to do it to Christ Himself for Him to see it as done to Him, just watch how you handle the situations in your relationships...

We don't want to do good, particularly when we feel the one to receive doesn't deserve it. We don't want to help just because the one to receive it caused the problem for himself or herself...every time we refused to do good because of the fault of the other person we betray our Christian conviction and it is to Christ we did that.

The one in error is always an opportunity for others to demonstrate the spirit of Christ. Christ doesn't just care for the good, he cares also for the bad. He doesn't care only for those who can pay back, but much more for those who can't pay back...He has not dealt with us according to our strength or weaknesses but according to His love. Waiting for a perfect man to do good to is being hypocritical and insincere and if you eventually 'find' one, you have just betrayed a bias within.

The lawful captive too should be delivered, he may not deserve it but the love of God covers for him...and if we don't deliver such for the legality of his punishment, Christ will ask it of us someday.

Whatever we do, even when we judge and condemn others and deal with them in like manners we do it to Christ!

It's a big lesson for us all to learn!

Good morning!

Visit
www.evansademanuel.blogspot.com

Join other believers in Bible discussions...

@
The Bible Class, TBC
Non Denominational Bible Discussion Class

83 Adeniyi Jones Avenue
Ikeja, Lagos

2nd & 4th Thursdays of the Month
You'll be glad you did...

No comments:

Post a Comment