Monday 8 April 2019

With God, Beyond the Walls

With God, Beyond the Walls

I realise that nothing can possibly stop anyone who truly seeks intimacy with God.

When I consider David, the king, who being from the tribe of Judah, a group of people of which nothing was said concerning priesthood or the service of the temple and how David by reason of longing and thirst after God bypassed the system to carve a niche for himself in being friends with God, I got convinced that whatever limitations that exist between God and man is only a fluke at best.

David couldn't go past the outer court of the three part temple arrangement. Only the priests could go beyond the outer court into the Holy place and beyond that into the holiest of all, only the high priest could enter once a year and that not for casual visit of friendliness but with blood to appease for the sin of the past year.

But we see David as he bypassed all that by longing and panting after God as the deer pants after the waters and his soul followed hard after Him clearing away every hindrance to enjoy intimacy with and endearing God.

[My Offline Bible] Psalms 42
1. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

[My Offline Bible] Psalms 63
1. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
6. When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
7. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
8. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

This, David did, until he was able to eventually set the LORD always before him and at his right hand far away from the unreachable position the Levitical priesthood had set Him in the temple. He broke the walls of partition by delighting himself in God to get God to go with Him everywhere he went. Just as Enoch without the Levitical priesthood walked with God and was not, because God took him: just as Abraham walked with God and was called His friend long before the law was given by Moses.

Today, we are of all generations most blessed. Today, Christ has come consecrating for us a new and living way to approach the Father and to walk with Him in His light by His blood. It is a special highway, not just for a particular group of people but for all who would only believe in the substitutional sacrifice of Christ Jesus.

The way is open for love intimacy with God through faith in Christ Jesus beyond all the troubles of this world. We can come away into the sanctuary of His presence away from the pressures and the distraction of this world cleansed of imperfections by the blood as we fellowship with God.

Do you care? God cares about you being friend with Him and He calls waiting for you with open arms and forget all the cares of this world as they are swallowed up in His embrace...

Good morning. Have a God filled day!

4 comments: